For the past 24 years, Nancy Alexander, has applied her physical therapy skills to help her patients improve their health. For 18 of those years she also cared for her father with dementia. Today, Nancy combines her skills and experience to help adults make their next years their best years.
How does she do it? She is a physical therapist, certified fitness professional, published author, and experienced speaker.
Her clinical credentials include:
• Licensed Physical Therapist in Florida and New York
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
• Certified Senior Fitness Specialist (ACE)
• Licensed Buff Bones® Instructor
• LSVT® BIG Certified Clinician
Inspired by her relationship with her late father, Nancy wrote and self-published, “An Unlikely Gift: Finding Inspiration Caring for My Father with Dementia.” Available at Amazon.com and fine bookstores, this memoir honors her father and goes even further to help inspire caregivers to embrace their new journey. Nancy frequently speaks on this topic – be it a keynote address or as a guest at support groups (and everything in between). Her book has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets including MSN.com.
Her passion continues to build having presented for over 10 years now at local events and workshops geared to help adults improve their health and live well. She teaches specialized fitness classes for those with chronic medical conditions. Her blog inspires adults to live their best life.
Physical therapy… group instruction… community educator. How can I help you? Call 585 406-0526 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
From recent class participants…
- Nancy is great!!! A real PRO!
- Really enjoyed the class. Your knowledge and enthusiasm were A+
- Helpful, practical information – nice friendly manner. Thank you, Nancy
- Very informative and useful!
- Very helpful and I needed this to get confidence to start exercising
- I enjoyed her good teaching… she is excellent
- Excellent – great tips & great info. Good educator – clear and concise!
- Nicely organized class – Good teacher/student rapport
- Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Your encouragement is wonderful.
- This was a wonderful class! Excellent instructor. Please have Nancy do more classes!
- Good information! Presented in an organized and supportive fashion.
- Great class! Thank you!
- Nancy is a dynamic, “up” instructor and very knowledgeable about her topic.
- Good job allowing for questions and discussion.
- Very well presented and very receptive to questions.
- It was very good to have your physical therapy knowledge, and relate it to taking care of the spine, etc.
- Having attended several of Nancy’s large group educational presentations as well as several months of individualized, in-home personal training, I can attest to Nancy’s unique ability to connect with seniors wishing to improve their knowledge, strength, and abilities through Physical Therapy. Nancy uses research based methodologies to inform and instruct, explained in an easily understandable manner. She is quick to sense individual needs, and employs a style that is both focused and positive, all the while maintaining genuine sincerity and warmth with her clients. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from Nancy as I continue to work toward increased mobility and decreased pain. Thank you, Nancy!
- Thank you very much Nancy for all your help and encouragement.
- Just a little note to say thank you for the kindness you have shown me during these past few weeks. You were positive, upbeat and so kind. You are a fabulous physical therapist and every patient you have is so fortunate. Keep that wonderful personality and sunny disposition. It’s been such a pleasure to know you. Thank you very much.
- Thank you for all your TLC. You were the best, and I’m doing good. You did such a good job teaching me what to do.
- I want you to know how much I appreciate all your special effort, follow-up and coordination to realize my dream… Thank you. You are a great therapist.
- Nancy Alexander is an accomplished physical therapist. She is both professional and compassionate. Using years of experience, she analyzes physical needs and listens to concerns and changes as her client/patient progresses. At once challenging and encouraging, Nancy embraces the skills of her experience and applies them to each patient/client’s particular goals.