Nancy Alexander, PT, CSCS has over 20 years of experience providing physical therapy and customized training strategies to patients in a variety of settings including outpatient clinics, home care and hospital-based settings. Nancy is owner of Aging Well Now, LLC and Achieve More Physical Therapy, PLLC in Canandaigua, NY.
“My career mission now is to serve adults with coaching, education, personal training, physical therapy, public speaking and writing to help make our ‘second half’ of life the best it can be.”
In addition to being a licensed Physical Therapist, she is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA). She is a Certified Senior Fitness Specialist through the American Council on Exercise (ACE). Nancy is also a Licensed Buff Bones® Instructor. Buff Bones® is a medically-endorsed, full-body workout that integrates Pilates, strength training, functional movement and rehabilitative exercises to improve the health and longevity of our bones and joints.
Nancy specializes in helping adults interested in aging well. Much of her experience lies in orthopedic care, fall prevention, balance training, and strategic core strengthening. Nancy also uses manual techniques and modalities to help improve flexibility and reduce pain, as needed.
“My passion is not so much what I do… though I certainly enjoy it. It is about for whom I do it,” Nancy says. “My goal is to help adults over 50 make the coming years the best of their lives. You see, it’s not about ‘riding it out,’ but about living and reaching higher for whatever you want.” Nancy goes on to say, “My commitment is to use my skills, my experience and my time to help others take control of their health and live a more active life. It’s about achieving more… never settling, never giving up.”
As part of her Aging Well Now education programs, Nancy enjoys presenting to and educating members of professional groups and community organizations. “My goal is to educate and inspire adults to improve their health, fitness and quality of life.” Nancy routinely partners with OASIS Rochester and the Canandaigua Family YMCA and presents a series of lectures on common conditions that adults encounter and provides strategies to help manage them. Nancy has participated in the Aging Mastery Program® (AMP) at OASIS – a special program in collaboration with the National Council on Aging (NCOA).
Nancy Alexander, PT, CSCS graduated from the University at Buffalo cum laude and is a licensed physical therapist in New York State. She also holds a BA degree in English/Writing Arts from SUNY College at Oswego.
Over 50 herself, Nancy continues to enjoys sports and has participated in ice hockey, skiing, biking and golf. She also enjoys gardening and is a member of the Canandaigua Garden Club. Nancy resides with her family in Canandaigua.
From recent class participants…
- Nancy is great!!! A real PRO!
- Really enjoyed the class. Your knowledge and enthusiasm were A+
- Helpful, practical information – nice friendly manner. Thank you, Nancy
- Very informative and useful!
- Very helpful and I needed this to get confidence to start exercising
- I enjoyed her good teaching… she is excellent
- Excellent – great tips & great info. Good educator – clear and concise!
- Nicely organized class – Good teacher/student rapport
- Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Your encouragement is wonderful.
- This was a wonderful class! Excellent instructor. Please have Nancy do more classes!
- Good information! Presented in an organized and supportive fashion.
- Great class! Thank you!
- Nancy is a dynamic, “up” instructor and very knowledgeable about her topic.
- Good job allowing for questions and discussion.
- Very well presented and very receptive to questions.
- It was very good to have your physical therapy knowledge, and relate it to taking care of the spine, etc.
- Having attended several of Nancy’s large group educational presentations as well as several months of individualized, in-home personal training, I can attest to Nancy’s unique ability to connect with seniors wishing to improve their knowledge, strength, and abilities through Physical Therapy. Nancy uses research based methodologies to inform and instruct, explained in an easily understandable manner. She is quick to sense individual needs, and employs a style that is both focused and positive, all the while maintaining genuine sincerity and warmth with her clients. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from Nancy as I continue to work toward increased mobility and decreased pain. Thank you, Nancy!
- Thank you very much Nancy for all your help and encouragement.
- Just a little note to say thank you for the kindness you have shown me during these past few weeks. You were positive, upbeat and so kind. You are a fabulous physical therapist and every patient you have is so fortunate. Keep that wonderful personality and sunny disposition. It’s been such a pleasure to know you. Thank you very much.
- Thank you for all your TLC. You were the best, and I’m doing good. You did such a good job teaching me what to do.
- I want you to know how much I appreciate all your special effort, follow-up and coordination to realize my dream… Thank you. You are a great therapist.
- Nancy Alexander is an accomplished physical therapist. She is both professional and compassionate. Using years of experience, she analyzes physical needs and listens to concerns and changes as her client/patient progresses. At once challenging and encouraging, Nancy embraces the skills of her experience and applies them to each patient/client’s particular goals.